Date:      Thu, 8 Sep 2005 10:16:45 +0800 (CST)
From:      jia liu <nec020tar@yahoo.com.cn>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   rc.conf  doesn't work after FreeBSD was updated from 5.3 to 5.4

Sir:

1. I delete my src directory on 5.3-release(rm -fr)
and  was going to update to 5.4-release via source
tree.
2. after cvsup, then buildworld, buildkernel,
installkernel; finaly mergemaster, installworld on
single user model. It seem everything is okay.
3. the problem happen after reboot. It is said
'/etc/rc: WARNING: $ipfilter_enable is not set
properly -see rc.conf(5)'...And it seems my hostname
is 'Amnesiac', not as I typed in rc.conf. I tried to
add or motiy some rc.conf by hand or by sysinstall.
But it looks everything on rc.conf doesn't work.

I want to know what is the problem. Thanks.

雅虎邮箱超强增值服务-2G超大空间、pop3收信、无限量邮件提醒
http://cn.mail.yahoo.com