Date:      Sat, 1 Apr 2000 07:16:15 -0500
From:      Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>
To:        Richard Wackerbarth <rkw@dataplex.net>
Cc:        andrews@technologist.com, ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KDE tree?

On Fri, Mar 31, 2000 at 08:56:24PM -0600, Richard Wackerbarth wrote:
> I think we need to seriously rethink this. We should NEVER need to MOVE
> anything. We should use a convention whereby new things come in and
> old ones get dropped but each thing should be able to have only one "home"
> during its entire life cycle.

Okay, I'm sorry. I misunderstood what you were saying the first time
around. You meant that each major version should keep its own port, i.e.
KDE 1.x = kde*11, and KDE 2.x = kde*2, right? And future versions, say a
theoretical 3.x, would be kde*3, right?

Makes perfect sense to me. I'm not sure what I was smoking when I said I
wanted to move back to kde*. ;-)

--
Will Andrews <andrews@technologist.com>