Date:      Tue, 24 Jan 95 13:36:20 EST
From:      starner.mark@HAN.UnisysGSG.COM
To:        freebsd-questions@freefall.cdrom.com
Subject:   2 CD-ROM drives

All was working fine.... THEN i added a second CD-ROM to my SYstem....

The first cd0 is a NEC 3xi, the second is a NEC 2xi (CDR-84-1)

This second drive works fine under dos/windows....

now, when i try to access this second drive (not all the time, but
mayvbe 50% of the time that i try to actually read a file) the system reboots,
no warnings, no crash dumps, no errors, just BOOM, reboot....

mounting the cd or doing an LS doesnt seem to cause any problems....
I am using an ADAPTEC 2742T with everything on the A channel.

Thanks
Mark