Date:      Sun, 19 Aug 2012 20:07:58 -0700
From:      merlyn@stonehenge.com (Randal L. Schwartz)
To:        Polytropon <freebsd@edvax.de>
Cc:        vermaden <vermaden@interia.pl>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: I Can Has Packages?

>>>>> "Polytropon" == Polytropon  <freebsd@edvax.de> writes:

Polytropon> I just assume providing packages for every imaginable
Polytropon> combination requires lots of resources. As an example
Polytropon> take OpenOffice: Every language variant, then integration
Polytropon> with KDE, Gnome, or none of them, and printing support
Polytropon> (I think). That would be many hours of compiling, and
Polytropon> lots of storage space needed (note: current _and_ older
Polytropon> packages are needed, plus supported architectures).

Indeed.

Which is why I gave up on packages long ago.

Learn. To. Compile.

Embrace your local cc. :)

<merlyn@stonehenge.com> <URL:http://www.stonehenge.com/merlyn/>;