Date:      Fri, 23 Mar 2001 19:39:04 -0500 (EST)
From:      Frank Seltzer <frank_s@bellsouth.net>
To:        Matt Groener <root@groenquist.com>
Cc:        <stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Xircom Cardbus support

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Matt Groener wrote:

> > Thus spake Frank Seltzer (frank_s@bellsouth.net):
> >
> > > I just received a Dell Inspiron 4000 laptop with a Xircom Realport CardBus
> > > Ethernet 10/100 + Modem 56 model # RBEM56G-100.
>
> I use both the Dell-supplied Xircom Carbus card of which you speak
> and the 3com xl-based Cardbus card in my Latitude C600 without any major
> issues, but I use 5.0-CURRENT. This in itself is a major issue, but as
> long as "make buildworld" works with that day's CVS tree, I haven't had
> problems.
>
> I also use packages install of XFree86 4.0.3 with only an occasional snag.
> The Latitude C600 uses the ATI Rage Mobility 3 chipset.
>
> Checkout -mobile if you really want to keep up with a laptop.
>
> -matt

I just installed the 20010320 -current snapshot and I still get an error:

No card in database for "(null)"("(null)")

Would you mind telling me what you did to get this card to work?

Frank
--
Only in America can a homeless veteran sleep in a cardboard box while a
draft dodger sleeps in the White House - anonymous