Date:      Fri, 25 Nov 2005 20:48:20 -0800
From:      Frank Mayhar <frank@exit.com>
To:        "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: How is the SRCU42X under 6.x ... ?

On Fri, 2005-11-25 at 22:17 -0400, Marc G. Fournier wrote:
> On Fri, 25 Nov 2005, Frank Mayhar wrote:
> > I've been trying to use it.  The problem isn't _directly_ related to the
> > driver itself, but I think it's indirectly related.  Basically I get a
> > panic in geom sometime after the damage was done.  I've been trying to
> > track this down off and on, but haven't had the time to really sit down
> > and find the problem.
> Why would you use GEOM instead of letting the card do the work?

GEOM is ubiquitous at the lower layers.  I'm not using it for RAID,
hell, I'm not directly using it at all, but it still comes in below the
block layer, as far as I can discern.  All I know is that the panic is
in g_vfs_<mumble>().
--
Frank Mayhar frank@exit.com     http://www.exit.com/
Exit Consulting                 http://www.gpsclock.com/