Date:      Sun, 19 Sep 1999 18:56:11 +0300
From:      "Ertan Kucukoglu" <ertank@hotpop.com>
To:        <freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org>
Subject:   problem with modem

Hello,

I have a problem with my modem. It is a 33600 internal modem.
I can use it with linux. It works but, it uses COM4 irq 3.

I am not sure but I can not get any respond to my AT commands
under minicom. (reminder it works under linux).

After I searched a little I found the lines below in MYKERNEL file.
-----
device    sio    at    isa? port "IO_COM1"    flags    0x10    tty    irq 4
device    sio    at    isa? port "IO_COM2"    tty    irq 3
device    sio    at    isa? port "IO_COM3"    tty    irq 5
device    sio    at    isa? port "IO_COM4"    tty    irq 9
-----

I think they are for COM port settings and I have no idea if the
problem is because of this.

Also /dev/modem is linked to /dev/cuaa3.

I do not know where the problem is. I need help.

Regards,

Ertan Kucukoglu
ertank@hotpop.com