Date:      Sun, 15 Dec 2013 15:08:37 -0500
From:      George Rosamond <george@ceetonetechnology.com>
To:        Juergen.Dankoweit@T-Online.de, freebsd-arm@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD on Raspberry Pi: sdhci_bcm0-slot0: timeout too large

Jürgen Dankoweit:
> Hello to the list,
>
> for my Raspberry PI Model B with Micron-Chip I found an image which
> boots FreeBSD. But on the monitor I see a lot of those messages:
>
> sdhci_bcm0-slot0: timeout too large
>
> What does this message mean and how to solve the problem which causes
> this message?
>
> Usage:
> FreeBSD 10-CURRENT #84
> compiled with CLang 3.3
>
> Many thanks in advance

Greetings Juergen.

I see no one replied to this yet.  I believe this came up previously
on-list before, but I can't seem to find it in the archives.

I'll take a look again and see if I can locate the solution, but I
vividly remember there was something simple.  I believe it had to do
with the sdhci card being delayed in recognition, IIRC.

In the meantime, maybe post your dmesg(8) and note the model/size of
your SD card?