Date:      Tue, 16 Oct 2001 10:49:17 -0500 (CDT)
From:      Chris Dillon <cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us>
To:        Remington <madriax@garlic.com>
Cc:        <doc@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Tech

On Mon, 15 Oct 2001, Remington wrote:

> I read your handbook on sound config. Who would I email to get
> some help? I followed exact instructions and this happens: i
> recompiled my kernel with the "options pcm" wwhen i reboot i did
> "cd /etc ; sh MAVEDEV snd1" and x11amp said it could not load
> sound device" when i look at the boot log it said"/kernel pcm1:
> <Creative EMU10k1> at device 10.0 on pci 0" / "pcm1: unable to map
> register space"

This isn't the appropriate mailing list for this question,
freebsd-questions is.  Also, please don't send HTML email to these
lists in the future.

It appears that you need to set PNP OS in your BIOS to "NO".  That
should fix the problem.

--
 Chris Dillon - cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us - cdillon@inter-linc.net
 FreeBSD: The fastest and most stable server OS on the planet