Date:      Thu, 21 Feb 2008 21:09:42 +0100 (CET)
From:      "Remko Lodder" <remko@elvandar.org>
To:        "Ken Roberts" <ken@hoverclub.net>
Cc:        doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Documentation recommendatation.

On Thu, February 21, 2008 6:02 pm, Ken Roberts wrote:
> For what it's worth, I really appreciate the effort you documentation
> guys are putting out.  It's harder than most people think to write good
> documentation, and nobody on the docs teams are ever given proper credit
> for that effort.  Spread the good mojo around to your fellows.
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, 2008-02-20 at 07:27 +0200, Marc Silver wrote:
>
>> I've actually submitted an entire VMware section (Mac Specific)....
>> now if someone could just look at it and commit it...
>>

>> On Feb 20, 2008 12:34 AM, Ken Roberts <ken@hoverclub.net> wrote:
>>
>>         Hi,
>>
>>         I don't have enough info or time to write the whole section,
>>         but this
>>         bit of information might be helpful.
>>
>>         At the bottom of
>>         http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/virtualization-guest.html
>> the VMware section is still empty.  Installation is pretty
>> simple, except with respect to time synchronization.  There are
>> two things to do to sync guest time with host time:
>>
>>             1. kern.hz="100" from earlier on the same page.
>>             2. In the host OS, the VMware image directory, edit the
>>         vmx file
>>                with a text editor and add or set
>>         tools.syncTime="TRUE".
>>

>>         You need to have VMware tools installed and vmware-guestd
>>         running, but
>>         between these two things you no longer need X to be installed.
>>
>>         Thanks.

This weekend I should have time to properly review the VMware section and
import it to the Handbook, the new CUPS section is going to get a shot as
well as well as multiple other things. Bear with me (And poke me in case I
forget :-))

--
/"\   Best regards,                      | remko@FreeBSD.org
\ /   Remko Lodder                       | remko@EFnet