Date:      Fri, 16 Oct 1998 10:29:28 -0400 (EDT)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   can't checkout kernel source code for 3.0-CURRENT...

I got into the habit awhile back of cvsup'ng down the CVS reposity, and
then doing checkouts on my own here, and after cvsup'ng the newest code as
of this morning, and trying to check it out, I get:

hub# pwd
/usr/src/sys/i386/isa
hub# cvs update .
cvs update: Updating .
Abort (core dumped)
hub#

I rm -rf'd the sys directory from the cvs repository and re-cvsup'd that.
No change.  I removed /usr/src/sys and re-checked it out.  No change.

Using truss, the error appears to be:

syscall
open("/usr/local/freebsd-cvsroot/src/sys/i386/isa/if_ed.c,v",0,0666)
        returns 4 (0x4)
syscall fstat(4,0xefbfd7b8)
        returns 0 (0x0)
syscall read(0x4,0x8c000,0x2000)
        returns 8192 (0x2000)
syscall lstat(0x85340,0xefbfd7d8)
        errno 2 'No such file or directory'

Doing an ls -l of the file shows it fine, so I'm not sure which file it
isn't finding :(

Help?

Marc G. Fournier                               scrappy@hub.org
Systems Administrator @ hub.org