Date:      Mon, 31 Jan 2005 22:10:58 -0500 (EST)
From:      Francisco Reyes <lists@natserv.com>
To:        Santo Natale <sannata@tin.it>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC ERROR

On Tue, 1 Feb 2005, Santo Natale wrote:

> check if yours new hd is connected through a 80 pin ide cable ( for UDMA speed >= 66 ).

>> Jan 30 12:52:24 zoraida kernel: ad2: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error
>> (retrying request) LBA=52551839
>> Jan 30 13:08:36 zoraida kernel: ad2: WARNING - WRITE_DMA UDMA ICRC error
>> (retrying request) LBA=88194655

In the mean time how could I decrease the UDMA setting so it operates at a
lower speed?

It probably will be a few days before I get to stop by the computer store.

Most lines are simply warnings, but there area a few errors. This is just
a backup drive (ie every X number of hours backup some data from my
primary drive) so it's not too much of a problem to slow it down
temporarily.