Date:      Sat, 30 Aug 1997 21:21:14 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bill Pechter <pechter@lakewood.com>
To:        mjacob@feral.com
Cc:        freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Is this (SCSI) tape drive compatible with FreeBSD?

>  >A 250meg capacity is awfully small today, and the tapes are too expensive.
> >They're also excruciatingly slow.

Expensive... I've been buying new ones for $.25 per tape...
They're NCR in the shrink wrap from a surplus house.  Slow -- yes.
Expensive -- not if you know where to look.

I just picked up a 4 dat changer for $250 refurb... so the 150 is just
going to be used for compatibility with boxes at work.

Bill

 Bill Pechter | 17 Meredith Drive Tinton Falls, NJ 07724 | 908-389-3592
 pechter@lakewood.com | Save computing history, give an old geek old hardware.
 This msg brought to you by the letters PDP and the number 11.