Date:      Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:04:11 -0700
From:      "Kevin Oberman" <oberman@es.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        Kent Stewart <kstewart@3-cities.com>, FreeBSD Stable <freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: make: don't know how to make dwarf1.c. Stop

> Date: Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:36:20 -0600
> From: Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
>
> In message <396612B5.2905C028@3-cities.com> Kent Stewart writes:
> : I can do a buildworld now but it dies making the new kernel with
> :
> : [kernel build error deleted]
>
> How are you building the new kernel?  If it isn't with make
> buildkernel KERNEL=OPAL, it isn't supported :-)

Warner,

Does this only apply after a buildworld? I assumed that I could safely
"config KERNEL; cd ../../compile/KERNEL; make depend; make; make
install" any time I was simply modifying my kernel--as I always do
when the xe driver gets re-installed and starts spewing out
informational debug messages. (I always forget to doe this and I would
love to see the distribution changed to NOT define XE_DEBUG!)

R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)