Date:      Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:02:55 +0400
From:      Alexey Karguine <bm@netmaster.ru>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   portsdb -Uu trouble in www/mod_auth_check

Hello!

I have FreeBSD 4.10 machine.

Every night this machine sinchronizes the ports-tree using cvsup by the
cron and runs 'portsdb -Uu'.

One week ago i recieved this letter from the cron daemon:

---------- cut --------------

Updating the ports index ... Generating INDEX.tmp - please wait..mod_auth_pwcheck-1.1: "/usr/ports//apache13" non-existent -- dependency list incomplete
 ===> www/mod_auth_pwcheck failed
 *** Error code 1
 1 error

 Before reporting this error, verify that you are running a supported
 version of FreeBSD (see http://www.FreeBSD.org/ports/) and that you
 have a complete and up-to-date ports collection (INDEX builds are
 not supported with partial or out-of-date ports collections).  If
 so, then report the failure to ports@FreeBSD.org together with
 relevant details of your ports configuration (including FreeBSD
 version, environment and /etc/make.conf settings).

 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports.
 *** Error code 1

 Stop in /usr/ports.
 failed to generate INDEX!
 portsdb: index generation error

I tried to 'portupgrade -f portupgrade' and to manually cvsuping
ports-tree. That steps didn't give any results.

What can I do to fix this problem.

Thanks!

P.S. Sorry for my english, I'm not real englishman. =)

--bm