Date:      Wed, 29 Nov 2000 14:46:47 +0000
From:      Nik Clayton <nik@freebsd.org>
To:        John Baldwin <jhb@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Simple emacs question

On Tue, Nov 28, 2000 at 06:22:27PM -0800, John Baldwin wrote:
> No error messages, no nothing.  I've tried using "../book.sgml" and any number
> of other things.  Anyone else have any ideas?  Anyone else used this or do we
> all just manually indent each chapter.sgml?

See the bottom of any of the handbook/*/chapter.sgml files for the
appropriate "Local Variables:" voodoo.

Note that psgml seems to have a small bug.  If you load one of these
chapter files, page down to a random element, and hit TAB, Emacs will
indent the line.  It shouldn't do this.

What you have to do the first time you load any of these files is go to
the first element ("<chapter>" in the chapter.sgml case), and press TAB
to indent it.  Emacs will indent it (which it shouldn't).  Then press
TAB again, and Emacs will outdent it back to the first column, where it
started.  After you've done that, all other using-TAB-to-indent in the
file will work properly.