Date:      Sun, 24 Aug 1997 16:38:00 +1000 (EST)
From:      Andrew <perrya@python.shoal.net.au>
To:        bob olbrich <rjob@gulftel.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Internal modem - can't install FreeBSD

ahhh, the penny drops, an internal modem. It looks like there is some kind
of conflict preventing your internal modem from being detected. The only
thing I can think of is disabling the other two com ports and seeing if it
detects the si0 (com port 1) then.

I unfortunately have no experience with internal modems.

Does anyone know how to help Bob? Apparently when he boots the freebsd
install disk it fails to detect the com ports (sio0 not found at 0x3f8)
and he is subsequently unable to use the modem to dial up and install
FreeBSD.

thanks in advance
Andrew Perry