Date:      Tue, 10 Apr 2001 14:54:01 -0700
From:      "Charles Burns" <burnscharlesn@hotmail.com>
To:        cdillon@wolves.k12.mo.us, dkelly@hiwaay.net
Cc:        lipshitz909@yahoo.com, gunther@aurora.regenstrief.org, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Who's got the cheapest 100-BT Ethernet NIC? (Intel Warranty)

I can attest to the warranty. I had 2 ancient Pro/100 cards that were in a
NT4 Proxy server. These were a really really old model that had multiple
large ICs rather than the new style single-IC controller. Their PCB was
about twice the size. Anyway, one of them died after several years of
continuous service. Rather than worry about which one died, the server owner
put two new cards in.
I told Intel about them and shipped them off. I recieved two brand-new
retail packaged Pro100+ management adapters (the highest end non-server NIC)
overnighted to me, no questions asked.
I am not a big fan of their CPUs, but they make some great cards and service
them extremely well.