Date:      Tue, 15 Mar 2016 07:49:55 -0400
From:      Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in>
To:        Mathieu Arnold <mat@FreeBSD.org>, ports FreeBSD <freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org>, kevlo@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Owncloud port marked broken with PHP 7.0 and MySQL

Hello,

On 3/15/16 7:05 AM, Mathieu Arnold wrote:

> +--On 14 mars 2016 16:57:19 -0400 Jim Ohlstein <jim@ohlste.in> wrote:
> | Hello,
> |
> | Not sure of the motivation behind this. Owncloud has supported PHP 7.0
> | since prior to this release (9.0.0). See
> | https://owncloud.org/blog/php-7-is-here-and-owncloud-is-ready/. Perhaps
> | removing the unnecessary php(Xx)-mysql runtime requirement is what's
> | actually needed, as it actually requires php(Xx)-pdo-mysql. That in
> | itself creates a php-mysql dependency in PHP versions up to 5.6, but not
> | in later versions, such as 7.0.
>
> The owncloud port needs mysql, php 7.0 does not provide mysql, so it was
> marked broken, along with all the ports that do so, and who also don't
> build with 7.0.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record (did you actually READ what
I wrote?) Owncloud does NOT require php-mysql, it requires
php-pdo_mysql. In PHP versions before 7.0 that pulled in the
corresponding php-mysql port. It is NOT a requirement (there, I said it
a THIRD time).

 From their docs at
https://doc.owncloud.org/server/9.0/admin_manual/installation/source_installation.html

Database connectors (pick the one for your database:)

PHP module sqlite (>= 3, usually not recommended for performance reasons)
PHP module pdo_mysql (MySQL/MariaDB)
PHP module pgsql (requires PostgreSQL >= 9.0)

Now I may just be dumb, but I don't see a mention of php-mysql (I do
however see pdo_mysql).

--
Jim Ohlstein

"Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the
difference." - Mark Twain