Date:      Tue, 9 Sep 1997 02:20:18 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        softweyr@xmission.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, chat@freebsd.org, terry@lambert.org
Subject:   Re: 11 year old needs FreeBSD mentor in Arizona.

>  > >> Anyone in or near Scottsdale AZ.?
>  > >> 11YO has got lost in the disk partitionning maze, and needs
>  > >> talking out....
>  > >>
>  > >> respond to me (or at least CC me if you go direct..)
>  > >>
>  > >> julian
>  > >
>  > > kewl!@#
>  > >
>  > > Let's convert them young so they never know the EVIL of WinBl0Wz!@#
>  >
>  > Right.  He's done the correct first thing and wiped out his C:
>  > partition :-) Now he seems to be having trouble booting "flash
>  > kernel".

I want to rewrite the partitioning stuff anyway, so I'd be a bad choice:
the reason I want to rewrite it is i think it's unusable, and I've been
hacking on UNIX boxes for more than 14 years.  I can't use the damn thing;
it's mostly disklabel that makes me want to throw up.

>  > Are we going to set up a missionary squad?

Actually, a general missionary squad is a good idea.  Sean and I were
there peering at him when Paul Vixie finally installed FreeBSD on one
of his boxes.  8-).

> Terry's only an hour away.  Of course, we don't want to scare the kid
> off, right?  ;^)

It's more like an hour and a half.  There's a couple of Phoenix people
on the lists; you should be able to tap them on the shoulders, if you
tap hard enough.

> Hey, Terry, you can stop by and see Johnnie on the way up.  He moved to
> Phoenix a month or so ago.  Call me for his number.

Good idea.  What's your number?  Or should I call Johnnie for it?  ;-).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.