Date:      Wed, 08 Oct 2003 16:04:14 +0200
From:      Kees Jan Koster <kjkoster@kjkoster.org>
To:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Cc:        sos@freebsd.org
Subject:   On-board Promise controller

Dear All,

I'm having trouble getting my on-board Promise controller to work. I can
use atacontrol to build an array, but sysinstall won't detect the disk
pack.

Could this be a problem with the fact that I use 2x80GB disk?

Please see the attached typescript for details. Sysinstall only displays
ad0 and ad2 as installation targets.

Please keep me CC-d as I am not subscribed to this list.

Thank you in advance,

 Yours,
   Kees Jan

 Kees Jan Koster         e-mail:   kjkoster "at" kjkoster.org
                         www:         http://www.kjkoster.org/
                         Life is uncertain; eat dessert first.