Date:      Sun, 17 Feb 2002 12:11:16 -0600
From:      "Mike Meyer" <mwm-dated-1014401477.942ba5@mired.org>
To:        Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com>
Cc:        Stable@Freebsd.Org
Subject:   Re: Natural stone tables

[Replies pointed to -chat]

Michael Sierchio <kudzu@tenebras.com> types:
> This kind of crap is getting more prevalent.  There's even on
> subscriber on one of the FreeBSD lists whose entire domain --
>
> usww.com/usww.net
>
> is a SPAM haven, with an autoresponder that responds to list
> messages.
>
> Time to use a better MTA, like qmail with tcpserver.

They're already using postfix. It's not clear that qmail + tcpserver
is an improvement over that.

What's needed is spam reduction technology. TMDA could deal with this
in a way that was painless for subscribers and nearly painless for
non-subscribers. Now that I've installed it, the only spam I get is
from the freebsd lists. But - who do we talk to about getting it done?

	<mike