Date:      Thu, 29 Aug 1996 15:55:36 +0000 ()
From:      fubar <jwb@xioa.cosmic.org>
To:        questions@freebsd.org, hackers@freebsd.org, sos@freebsd.org, hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   PS/2 mouse on Dell XPi 90ST dock station

I'm trying to use the PS/2 mouse port on a Dell docking station to free up
the serial port. /dev/psm0 works with the track ball when the laptop is
undocked. /dev/cuaa1 works with a mouse plugged into the serial port. If
I try to use teh PS/2 connector though, I get no response from the mouse.
Windows 95 has no problem with it and reports the same IRQ (12) that psm0
is configured for.

I'm trying to use the PS/2 mouse port on a Dell docking station to free up
the serial port. /dev/psm0 works with the track ball when the laptop is
undocked. /dev/cuaa0 works with a mouse plugged into the serial port. If
I try to use the PS/2 connector though, I get no response from the mouse.
Windows 95 has no problem with it and reports the same IRQ (12) that psm0
is configured for. I configured the kernel as instructed (trackball works).

I am using FreeBSD 2.1.0-RELEASE.

Greatful for any help. I'm out of ideas.