Date:      Fri, 14 Oct 2005 12:10:31 +0200
From:      Emanuel Strobl <Emanuel.strobl@gmx.net>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Cc:        nectar@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: nss_ldap segmentation fault with RC1

--nextPart2236984.0dSMALvLf2

Am Freitag, 14. Oktober 2005 11:41 CEST schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> Am Dienstag, 11. Oktober 2005 19:32 CEST schrieb Emanuel Strobl:
> > Hello,
> >
> > I set up ldap authentication against (MS)AD-Server and see
> > segmentation faults of `id user-xy` for example.
> > The strange thing is that if I fire id for the first time it works,
> > but then it segfaults. The cause is the following line in
> > /etc/nsswitch.conf: "group: file ldap". As soon as I add ldap I can't
> > su anymore because nss_ldap.so seems to crash. If I remove the group
> > ldap directive (and leave shells and passwd with ldap) everything is
> > working fine again. How can I provide useful info to get this fixed?

While desperate tinkering I found that --enable-rfc2307bis is the culprit.
If I comment it out in the ports Makefile everything is working fine!
I hope this helps to get the port in a working-by-default state, even=20
better was if FreeBSD could handle ldap user databases from the base,=20
IMHO.

Thanks,

=2DHarry