Date:      Thu, 11 Mar 2010 23:26:24 -0500
From:      Steve Bertrand <steve@ibctech.ca>
To:        d@delphij.net
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org, Xin LI <delphij@delphij.net>
Subject:   Re: I broke my SSH to jails after 7.2-8.0 src upgrade

On 2010.03.11 22:54, Xin LI wrote:
> Weird, it seems that RELENG_8_0 do contain the correct file...  What
> does 'ident /etc/defaults/devfs.rules' show?

...not necessarily 8_0:

%grep tag /etc/supfile

*default tag=RELENG_8

fwiw:

%ident /etc/defaults/devfs.rules

/etc/defaults/devfs.rules:
     $FreeBSD: src/etc/defaults/devfs.rules,v 1.4.2.1.6.1 2009/04/15
03:14:26 kensmith Exp $

...again... perhaps my arg list to mergemaster was the issue. If it was,
it would be good to know ;)

Otherwise, it was a standard src upgrade.

Let me know if you need anything further. I can simulate the procedure
on other hardware tomorrow to isolate the issue if you feel that this
may affect others, or if it can prove that I was just sleeping on the job.

Steve