Date:      Sat, 20 Jul 1996 00:13:16 GMT
From:      James Raynard <fqueries@jraynard.demon.co.uk>
To:        andrew@wamnetrunner.com
Cc:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HELP!!!! SCSI Tape drive....

>>>>> Andrew Massias <andrew@wamnetrunner.com> writes:

Please don't spam.  Mailing the same question to several different
lists is not a good way to make friends and influence people.

> Can anyone recommend to me a SCSI tape drive/driver combination that
> will run reliably with FreeBSD 2.1.0 Generic?

I hear the HP Superstore range is well thought of (the tape drives,
not the hard disks!)  FreeBSD has very good support for both the
Adaptec 2940 and NCR families of SCSI controllers.

> Id settle for an IDE tape if it could run with no sweat.

I didn't even know there were such things.

--
James Raynard, Edinburgh, Scotland
james@jraynard.demon.co.uk