Date:      Wed, 13 Oct 1999 13:17:10 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Brett Taylor <brett@peloton.runet.edu>
To:        "Jason C. Wells" <jcwells@u.washington.edu>
Cc:        Bryan Rutkowski <dc855451@gte.net>, FreeBSD-questions <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: your mail

Hi,

On Wed, 13 Oct 1999, Jason C. Wells wrote:

> On Tue, 12 Oct 1999, Bryan Rutkowski wrote:
>
> >Hello i am interested in in getting your freebsd software but i can't
> >seem to find where in your ftp directory to download it.

> http://www.freebsd.org/handbook/install.html
>
> Get the floppy images from this page and away you go. :)

Except as I pointed out yesterday, it doesn't say WHERE the floppies
directories are (they're not linked and they don't say where to go look
for them other than "floppies/kern.flp).  This is an okay description for
the CD-ROM people, but not so great for FTP installs.  The docs now point
you to a README which also doesn't give you a clear description of where
the floppy images are.  I don't think it's that hard to find them, but
I've done X number of FTP installs (where X is some number > 15 now) and
know what to look for.

To grab the floppies go to:

ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/releases/i386/3.3-RELEASE/floppies/

and grab the kern.flp and mfsroot.flp, then continue to follow the
instructions given above.

I guess I should stop complaining about the docs and submit a change so I
don't have to keep giving this answer.  :-)

> Thank You, 	| http://students.washington.edu/jcwells
							^
			Don't you need a  "/" here?     |

:-)

Brett
Dr. Brett Taylor         brett@peloton.runet.edu    *
Dept of Chem and Physics			    *
Curie 39A	(540) 831-6147                      *
Dept. of Mathematics and Statistics		    *
Walker 234	(540) 831-5410			    *