Date:      16 Oct 2002 14:48:17 +0400
From:      "Vladimir B. " Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
To:        Pookie <madriax@garlic.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD-Mobile@freebsd.org, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Port Replicator

=F7 Wed, 16.10.2002, =D7 07:17, Pookie =CE=C1=D0=C9=D3=C1=CC:
> I have a Sony VAIO GRX570. As it stands there is no serial port on it.
> Sony offers a port replicator(docking station), thus giving me a serial
> port. Now, there expensive, $200US, im thinking of getting one but I
> need to nknow a few things. Should I expect any problems or will
> /dev/cuaa[0-1] work right off the bat.

Do not sure about your SONY, but on my VAIO PCG-Z505S I have absolutly
not problem with port replicator with and without AC power.

For me SIO chip actually located on Notebook  motherboard and detected
not depending on plugging port replicator.

If I really want to use COM-port I need connect port replicator with=20
db9 connector.

--=20
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov <vova@sw.ru>
SWsoft Inc.