Date:      Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:37:46 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Bryan Liesner <bryan@kishka.net>
To:        Jeremy Faulkner <gldisater@gldis.ca>
Cc:        java@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: eclipse3 RC2 port

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Jeremy Faulkner wrote:

> Jeremy Faulkner wrote:
> | Bryan Liesner wrote:
> | | On Tue, 15 Jun 2004, Panagiotis Astithas wrote:
> | |

> | |
> | | I tried building the "test version" of the eclipse3 port and the build
> | | died trying to find gnome libraries that I don't have installed. Does
> | | this mean that I am going to have to install (all||most||some) gnome
> | | libraries besides gtk and glib to use Eclipse 3?
> |
> | I doubt it. What it means is that it would be very nice of you to send
> | the output of the build failure. script works well for this.
> |
> | | Or will the port, when
> | | completed, have the same requirements as Eclipse 2?
> |
> | The port will not have the same requirements as Eclipse 2.
> |
> | --
> | Jeremy Faulkner                http://www.gldis.ca
>
> I bet these are the ones it wants.
>
> ~From plugins/org.eclipse.swt/Eclipse SWT PI/gtk/library/make_gtk.mak
>
> GNOMELIBS = `pkg-config --libs gnome-vfs-module-2.0 libgnome-2.0
> libgnomeui-2.0`

That is correct.  This is exactly why the build failed for me.  If you
still want the build output, I'd be happy to rebuild and send it out
when I have a few minutes.

Is there a chance a ctwm/mwm user can get this running without
installing gobs and gobs of gnome files that they'll probably never use?

-Bryan