Date:      Fri, 28 Dec 2001 11:49:12 +0100
From:      "Thomas E. Zander" <riggs@hadiko.de>
To:        Muhannad Asfour <muhannad07@cogeco.ca>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: make.conf

Hi,

On Fri, 28. Dec 2001, at  3:20 -0500, Muhannad Asfour wrote
according to [make.conf]:
> I even tried switching this to i686 instead of p3, yet it keeps
> using -march=pentiumpro.  How can I make it use the correct architecture?

This is a correct behavior, because gcc 2.95 uses the same instruction
set for pentiumpro,p2,p3 (and the celerons, of course).
Don't worry about it.

Riggs

--
- "[...] I talked to the computer at great length and
-- explained my view of the Universe to it" said Marvin.