Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 20:34:03 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andy Dills <andy@xecu.net>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Striping of drives

Hi, I'm trying to stripe together 3 identitcal 4gig SCSI drives, and am
having some problems.

I've compiled ccd into my kernel, and created the device.

I'm using the suggested commands found in the handbook:

cd /dev ; sh MAKDEV ccd0

disklabel -r -w sd0 auto
disklabel -r -w sd1 auto
disklabel -r -w sd2 auto

disklabel -e sd0c # change type to 4.2BSD
disklabel -e sd1c # change type to 4.2BSD
disklabel -e sd2c # change type to 4.2BSD

ccdconfig ccd0 32 0 /dev/sd0c /dev/sd1c /dev/sd2c

newfs /dev/rccd0c

My problem is (I assume) when I try to use disklabel -e.

I edit the type, and change it from SCSI to 4.2BSD, and it doesn't take.
What I mean by that is, if I diskabel -e it again, the type is back to
SCSI.

Does anybody have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Andy

Andy Dills                              301-682-9972
Network Administrator               Fax 301-620-9634
Xecunet, LLC                            www.xecu.net