Date:      Wed, 6 Dec 2000 22:16:13 +0800
From:      "Kathy Quinlan" <katinka@magestower.com>
To:        "freebsd questions" <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   ppp -ddial problems

Hi all,

I need a pointer to the right direction.

If I dial manually using term in ppp all ok I get a link up and can ping the
net and do nslookups

If I use the ppp -ddial IINET (IINET being the setup created with
ppp_script.sh) it seems to not be able to negotiate with the isp. I have
pasted ppp.conf below

Thanks in advance
Kathy.

/etc/ppp/ppp.conf

default:
  set log Phase Chat Connect lcp ipcp ccp command
  set device /dev/cuaa1
  set speed 115200
  set dial "ABORT BUSY ABORT NO\\sCARRIER TIMEOUT 5 \"\" ATE1Q0 OK-AT-OK
\\dATDT\\T TIMEOUT 40 CONNECT"
IINET:
  set phone "62650000"
#Separate multiple phone numbers with a |
  set login "TIMEOUT 10 gin:-BREAK-gin: XXXXX word: XXXXXX col: ppp"
  set timeout 0
#Change to 0 if no timeout desired
  deny lqr
  set ifaddr 10.0.0.1/0 10.0.0.2/0 255.255.255.0