Date:      Wed, 11 Aug 1999 07:35:31 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Kevin Bogac <k_bogac@yahoo.com>
To:        Don Read <dread@calcasieu.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Question about the mascot

If you cannot see past the mascot to amazing OS it
represents then you have dearly missed the goal of the
project. I was not aware of an attempt to put FreeBSD
on every desktop or even undo the strangle hold MS has
on the industry. If it is that disturbing you can
always migrate to another OS. There are numerous
commercial and free versions available including more
LINUX distributions that I can count. I do not support
the current trend in society that requires everything
to please everyone. I think I gave up when my son's
school changed the Easter, Halloween and Christmas
parties to the spring, fall and winter parties to
prevent any religious confrontations. When did the
world become so intolerant and inflexible? If I don't
like the mascot for Frosted Flakes I do not gather
support and attempt to force them to change it I just
don't buy them. If I do not support a co-workers
religious practices it do try to convert them I
respectfully decline to participate. I for one don't
want everyone to be like me. It would be pretty boring
from where I'm sitting. LIGHTEN UP!

.....Sorry, I was on a roll.

Kevin