Date:      Thu, 11 May 2000 19:56:47 +0900
From:      Noritoshi Demizu <nori-d@is.aist-nara.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: load-balancing over routes and redundancy

 > I wanted to ask if we have some kind of route-balancing stuff in the
 > tree/kernel?

You might be interested in Linux Virtual Server Project.
  See http://www.linux-vs.org/

BTW, I have implemented a load-balancer (or dispatcher) on FreeBSD 3.2R.
It uses "DirectRouting" (see the above page) method and has weighted
round-robin and weighted least-connections.
I also have implemented a protocol (LASP) to detect up/down of web
servers.  LASP is designed with a different concept from NECP
(Network Element Control Protocol) <draft-cerpa-necp-02.txt>.

I am sorry they are not released yet.
(I am sorry I cannot release an implementation of rfc2140 yet...)

Best Regards,
Noritoshi Demizu, NAIST