Date:      Mon, 22 Jan 96 10:07:22 CST
From:      mjk@hoffman.ds.adp.com (Mike Kephart)
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Cc:        mjk@netty
Subject:   BPF for the Intel Express driver

Hello,

	I just built a system with 2.1-release which came equiped
with an Intel Express card.  I was a bit surprised when tcpdump
said:
		tcpdump: ix0: Device not configured

	After a bit of digging around, I found that the Berkeley
Packet Filter code hasn't been added to the driver for this
card.
	I also took a look at the FreeBSD-current code for if_ix.c
and didn't see any progress in this regard there.
	Before I go to the trouble of doing this myself, has anybody
added BPF support to if_ix.c already?

	\MikeK

	Mike Kephart
	ADP Dealer Services