Date:      Mon, 17 Nov 2008 12:35:22 +0100
From:      Alexej Sokolov <bsd.quest@googlemail.com>
To:        FreeBSD Hackers <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: KLD loading, liking

On Sun, Nov 16, 2008 at 11:09:00AM +0100, Ed Schouten wrote:
> * Alexej Sokolov <bsd.quest@googlemail.com> wrote:

> > What exact does the macro MODULE_DEPEND ? The man page is to short, and I
> > guess it tell no all things that the macro does.
>
> MODULE_DEPEND is used to say: this kernel module also depends on another
> module (i.e. the USB printer module depends on the USB code). Tools like
> kldload can then automatically load the missing modules.
Not only that. The use of the MODULE_DEPEND macro allows one module to access
the variables of modules on which it depends. But man page of
MODULE_DEPEND doesn't tell anything about this functionality. Hence I
am looking for any good documentation of KLD loader. But I didn't find
anything. May be looking in the source code is the best solution.

--
Alexej Sokolov <bsd.quest@googlemail.com>