Date:      Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:55:41 +0100
From:      Max Laier <max@love2party.net>
To:        "ajay gopalakrishnan" <geek.dwells@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: i am facing these issues after my FreeBSD 6.2 installation.

--nextPart19896020.cqpAyk44Mp

Hello Ajay,

On Tuesday 13 March 2007 13:23, ajay gopalakrishnan wrote:
> I've recently installed FreeBSD release 6.2 successfully except that
> the following things that i need importantly dont work. How should i do
> these?

this is the wrong list to ask such questions.  I referred your email to=20
the more appropriate list "freebsd-questions".  You might also find that=20
the handbook can be quite helpful.

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/pppoe.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/editors.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/x-xdm.html

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/shells.html

> 5. Where are the kernel sources located? I need it because i want to do
> kernel network programming? Is having kernel sources sufficient or
> there are other dependencies also?

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/handbook/install-choosing.=
html

> 6. How do developers usually keep their kernel sources in sync with the
> main Central Kernel source? Do we use CVS or Subversion for this?

Use a cvsup file along these lines:

=2D--
*default host=3Dcvsup.XXX.FreeBSD.org
*default base=3D/home/YYYY/.cvsupdb
*default prefix=3D/home/YYYY/fcvs
*default release=3Dcvs
*default delete use-rel-suffix
*default compress

src-all
ports-all
doc-all
www
cvsroot-all
=2D--

After that "cvs -d /home/YYYY/fcvs co src" will get you up and running. =20
Ready to do "cvs diff -u" to check for the local changes you made etc.

As a side note:  If you can't figure out simple questions like this by=20
your self, you will have a hard time to do actual development.  We=20
provide a large amount of documentation, but you must use it yourself!

=2D-=20