Date:      Tue, 27 Oct 1998 22:18:21 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>
To:        wes@softweyr.com (Wes Peters)
Cc:        grog@lemis.com, netmonger@genesis.ispace.com, kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au, advocacy@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: FreeBSD certified software (was: WordPerfect 8 for Linux)

> > I'm up for testing Corel; can we get a logo designed?  I don't think
> > we need a lot of formal setup for this, perhaps just someone who can
> > maintain the web page.
>
> % EXCELLENT idea!  Yes, we should do this.
>
> I'm glad you think so.  I'd mentioned this idea a couple of times
> before, in this mailing list, and nobody even bothered to tell me
> I'm stupid, let alone agree.  I was beginning to feel like I was
> shouting into a vacuum.

I have an issue with the install process, and with "brandelf".  I
think this should be done transparently.

I suspect this means providing a FreeBSD installer for the product,
and trying to convince them to ship the installer with their
software (most desirable), or provide it on their site (less
desirable, since the program won't install "out of the box"
that way).

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---