Date:      Wed, 27 Nov 1996 14:41:41 +0100 (MET)
From:      Greg Lehey <grog@lemis.de>
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        chat@FreeBSD.ORG (FreeBSD Chat)
Subject:   Re: wonderful demo

Jordan K. Hubbard writes:
>> They have been cut off. They plan to keep on of course :-(
>
> How did you come by this little fact?

Don't ask.

Did any of you guys get a new spam from a user ID called
stopmail@slip.net?  It looks *very* familiar.  Here's an excerpt:

> Press reply for removal
>
> As Featured in BUSINESS WEEK MAGAZINE
> & ENTREPENURE MAGAZINE ..December issue.
>
> E-MAIL WORKS v3.1a FREE!! WITH PURCHACE OF SECURE
> BULK E-MAILING AND WEB SITE HOSTING SERVICES!!!!!!!!free
>
>      That's Right!! When you order our secure bulk e mail hosting services
> you get the best & most advanced bulk e-mail package for FREE. This product sold for $499 is now free!!!!.  Not just a d
> emo, the fully functional version!!!
>
>              Just e mail your request to   hotsale1@slip.net

Well, at least they gave me a chance to be removed, so I replied, and
got a message back from abuse@slip.net saying that the user had been
permanently banned from using slipnet.  Looks like the ISPs are
generally reacting faster to this junk.

Greg