Date:      Sun, 08 Feb 2004 16:36:58 -0600
From:      Tim Cagle <tcagle@cox-internet.com>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.Org
Subject:   Problem with ports build on 5.1

--------------040200040201060203000101

To whom it may concern:

I am having a failure trying to build one of the ports on 5.1:

print/gimp-print

It appears to be some sort of library dependency problem. I am supplying
a transcript of the build failure if needed. I just was left not knowing
where
to send it after looking thru the mailing lists pages. I am already
subscribed
to the java list and the newbie list and could not seem to find anything
appropriate for the above path. I have had very good luck overall with the
freeBSD platform and this is my first major difficulty (getting a balky
lexmark jetprinter up and running will required this port apparently!)
And yes I have refreshed (cvsup) my ports. Thank in advance for the
help on this situation.

Tim Cagle

--------------040200040201060203000101

You may use the following build options:

	WITHOUT_CUPS=yes	build without CUPS driver
	WITHOUT_IJS=yes 	build without IJS-based Ghostscript driver

===>  Vulnerability check disabled
===>  Extracting for gimp-print-4.2.6_2
>> Checksum OK for gimp-print-4.2.6.tar.gz.
===>  Patching for gimp-print-4.2.6_2
===>  Applying FreeBSD patches for gimp-print-4.2.6_2
===>   gimp-print-4.2.6_2 depends on executable: gmake - found
===>   gimp-print-4.2.6_2 depends on file: /usr/local/libexec/libtool13/libtool - found
===>   gimp-print-4.2.6_2 depends on shared library: cups.2 - found
===>   gimp-print-4.2.6_2 depends on shared library: ijs.1 - found
===>   gimp-print-4.2.6_2 depends on shared library: intl.6 - found
===>  Configuring for gimp-print-4.2.6_2
creating cache ./config.cache
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking whether gmake sets ${MAKE}... no
checking for working aclocal... missing
checking for working autoconf... missing
checking for working automake... missing
checking for working autoheader... missing
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking host system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.1
checking for cups-config... /usr/local/bin/cups-config
checking whether to build CUPS driver... yes (using specified prefix)
checking whether to build translated CUPS PPD files... yes
checking whether to use level 3 PostScript... no
checking whether to build ghostscript driver... no
checking for foomatic-configure... no
checking whether to build foomatic data files... no
checking for foomatic-ppdfile... no
checking whether to make use of Foomatic 3.x features... no
checking whether to use the old numerical Foomatic printer IDs... no
checking for ijs-config... /usr/local/bin/ijs-config
checking whether to build IJS driver... yes
checking whether to turn on debugging in build... no
checking whether to use readline... yes
checking for gimp-config... no
checking whether to build GIMP plugin... no
checking whether to install sample images... yes
checking whether to install user guide... yes
checking whether to build escputil... yes
checking whether to build testpattern generator... no
checking whether to build test programs... no
checking if user install is enabled... no
checking for strerror in -lcposix... no
checking for mawk... no
checking for gawk... no
checking for nawk... nawk
checking for gcc... cc
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -L/usr/local/lib) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (cc -O -pipe -mcpu=pentiumpro -L/usr/local/lib) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether cc accepts -g... yes
checking for a BSD compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c -o root -g wheel
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for byacc... byacc
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cc -E
checking for flex... flex
checking for flex... (cached) flex
checking for yywrap in -lfl... yes
checking lex output file root... lex.yy
checking whether yytext is a pointer... yes
checking for bison... no
checking for yacc... /usr/bin/yacc
checking for perl... /usr/bin/perl
checking for convert... no
checking for texi2html... no
checking for dvips... no
checking for db2pdf... no
checking for dvipdf... no
checking for dvipdfm... no
checking for db2ps... no
checking for db2html... no
checking for Cygwin environment... no
checking for mingw32 environment... no
checking build system type... i386-portbld-freebsd5.1
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking for a sed that does not truncate output... /usr/bin/sed
checking how to recognise dependent libraries... pass_all
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for cc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if cc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if cc static flag -static works... yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if cc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd5.1 ld.so
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
creating libtool
checking host system type... i386-unknown-freebsd5.1
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for object suffix... o
checking for executable suffix... no
checking for cc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if cc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking if cc supports -c -o file.lo... yes
checking if cc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions ... yes
checking if cc static flag -static works... -static
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking whether the linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output... ok
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking dynamic linker characteristics... freebsd5.1 ld.so
checking for objdir... .libs
creating libtool
checking for ranlib... (cached) ranlib
checking for ANSI C header files... yes
checking for working const... yes
checking for inline... inline
checking for off_t... yes
checking for size_t... yes
checking for working alloca.h... no
checking for alloca... yes
checking for unistd.h... yes
checking for getpagesize... yes
checking for working mmap... yes
checking whether we are using the GNU C Library 2.1 or newer... no
checking for argz.h... no
checking for limits.h... yes
checking for locale.h... yes
checking for nl_types.h... yes
checking for malloc.h... no
checking for stddef.h... yes
checking for stdlib.h... yes
checking for string.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for sys/param.h... yes
checking for feof_unlocked... yes
checking for fgets_unlocked... no
checking for getcwd... yes
checking for getegid... yes
checking for geteuid... yes
checking for getgid... yes
checking for getuid... yes
checking for mempcpy... no
checking for munmap... yes
checking for putenv... yes
checking for setenv... yes
checking for setlocale... yes
checking for stpcpy... yes
checking for strchr... yes
checking for strcasecmp... yes
checking for strdup... yes
checking for strtoul... yes
checking for tsearch... yes
checking for __argz_count... no
checking for __argz_stringify... no
checking for __argz_next... no
checking for iconv... yes
checking for iconv declaration...
         extern size_t iconv (iconv_t cd, const char * *inbuf, size_t *inbytesleft, char * *outbuf, size_t *outbytesleft);
checking for nl_langinfo and CODESET... yes
checking for LC_MESSAGES... yes
checking whether NLS is requested... yes
checking whether included gettext is requested... no
checking for libintl.h... yes
checking for GNU gettext in libc... no
checking for GNU gettext in libintl... yes
checking for dcgettext... yes
checking for msgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for gmsgfmt... /usr/local/bin/msgfmt
checking for xgettext... /usr/local/bin/xgettext
checking for bison... no
checking for catalogs to be installed...  en_GB sv no fr da pl sk el nl es pt de ja cs
checking for readline in -lreadline... yes
  Using -lreadline -lncurses
checking for pow in -lm... yes
checking for gzgets in -lz... yes
checking for cups-config... (cached) /usr/local/bin/cups-config
checking for ANSI C header files... (cached) yes
checking for readline/readline.h... yes
checking for varargs.h... yes
checking for stdarg.h... yes
checking for fcntl.h... yes
checking for sys/time.h... yes
checking for sys/types.h... yes
checking for time.h... yes
checking for unistd.h... (cached) yes
checking for varargs.h... (cached) yes
checking for working const... (cached) yes
checking for inline... (cached) inline
checking for off_t... (cached) yes
checking for size_t... (cached) yes
checking return type of signal handlers... void
checking for working alloca.h... (cached) no
checking for alloca... (cached) yes
checking for nanosleep... yes
checking for poll... yes
checking for usleep... yes
checking for xgetcwd... no
checking for xmalloc... no
checking for asprintf... yes
checking for vasprintf... yes
checking for getopt_long... yes
updating cache ./config.cache
creating ./config.status
creating Makefile
creating doc/Makefile
creating doc/users_guide/Makefile
creating include/Makefile
creating include/gimp-print/Makefile
creating include/gimp-print/gimp-print.h
creating intl/Makefile
creating lib/Makefile
creating man/Makefile
creating man/escputil.1
creating man/gimpprint.3
creating man/gimpprint-config.1
creating man/gimpprint-color.7
creating man/gimpprint-dithers.7
creating man/gimpprint-imagetypes.7
creating man/gimpprint-inktypes.7
creating man/gimpprint-mediasizes.7
creating man/gimpprint-mediasources.7
creating man/gimpprint-mediatypes.7
creating man/gimpprint-models.7
creating man/gimpprint-resolutions.7
creating man/ijsgimpprint.1
creating po/Makefile.in
creating samples/Makefile
creating src/Makefile
creating src/escputil/Makefile
creating src/gimp/Makefile
creating cups-gimpprint.list
creating man/cups-calibrate.8
creating src/testpattern/Makefile
creating src/cups/Makefile
creating src/foomatic/Makefile
creating test/Makefile
creating src/foomatic/foomatic-generator
creating src/ghost/Makefile
creating src/ghost/contrib.mak.addon
creating src/main/Makefile
creating src/main/gimpprint-config
creating src/printdef/Makefile
creating config.h
creating po/POTFILES
creating po/Makefile
Finished configuring.
Type 'make' to build the package
then 'make install' to install it.
===>  Building for gimp-print-4.2.6_2
/usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Shared object "libintl.so.4" not found
*** Error code 1

Stop in /usr/ports/print/gimp-print.

--------------040200040201060203000101--