Date:      Sat, 12 Aug 1995 14:44:08 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        ports@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   pop support in MH on by default?

In /usr/ports/mail/mh/patches/patch-aa we add a default FreeBSD
config file that has POP support turned off by default.  This means
that a potential pop user has to run the build in two stages, modifying
conf/FreeBSD in between.  This somewhat dependant on said user knowing
quite a bit about the ports collection and isn't exactly what one would
call a general mechanism.  I see two possibilities:

1. Enable pop by default and assume that the -lcrypt will, at the worst, go
   to the MD5 encryption (libscrypt) version.

2. Put something into the config section that asks interactively if the user
   wants POP support and tweaks the file accordingly.

Thoughts?

						Jordan