Date:      Mon, 24 Sep 2001 04:56:11 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Bill Schoolcraft <bill@wiliweld.com>
To:        Eric Landreville <elandrev@lino.com>
Cc:        <questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: 486 DX33

At Sat, 22 Sep 2001 it looks like Eric Landreville composed:

elandr->Hi ,
elandr->I was trying to install Freebsd on an old 486DX33 my aunt gave me ,
but when it installs , the computer freezes. Everything works well with my
2 floppies , I also see that the CD is spinning , it begins to copy , but
it freezes, I burned another CD , I thought it could be that, but it does
the same thing. I spoke about this to some of my friends and they say the
problem is my memory. I only got 8 Megs of memory and i think that could be
the problem. I was wondering if i had 20 or even 32 megs of memory if freebsd
would be running. I don't want to install any X-window component , only the
text mode and I'd like to use my Freebsd box as a Web,ftp server and maybe
as a gateway for my personal home network. Would I be able to do all those
things with my pc if I'd have 20 Megs of Ram.

Hello, (set your word wrap to 70)

I ran across a similar memory challenge and did the install on
another machine then  moved the harddrive to the "memory challenged"
machine.

--
Bill Schoolcraft
http://ForwardSlashUnix.com