Date:      Mon, 3 May 1999 20:45:28 -0600 (MDT)
From:      Bryce Newall <data@dreamhaven.net>
To:        David Greenman <dg@root.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Questions List <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: No buffer space

On Mon, 3 May 1999, David Greenman wrote:

>    What does "sysctl vm.zone" report for "socket"? If USED+FREE is at or near
> the LIMIT, then you're seeing the effects of a socket leak that I found
> yesterday. The attached patches back out the changes that caused the leak.

[52]data@calico:/home/data % sysctl vm.zone
vm.zone:
ITEM            SIZE     LIMIT    USED    FREE  REQUESTS
[snip]
socket:          160,     6000,   2341,    509,  2580725

Used+Free isn't anywhere near the Limit, but the values don't add up,
either.  Something doesn't look quite right there... think it's sorth
applying that back-out patch you sent?