Date:      Tue, 22 Jul 2008 15:28:45 -0600
From:      Brock Williams <brock@cottonwoodcomputer.com>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: acpi no sound, acpi disabled no serial on IBM kiosk

--nextPart4930509.d4i5DnyWkV

Yeah, I guess I should have said more about the problem.  in the ACPI case=
=20
I do see the devices there, but they don't work.  For example, the machine=
=20
has an elotouch touchscreen which works great w/o ACPI but doesn't with. =20
When I try to cat the device with ACPI enabled,  I get nothing.  Without=20
acpi I get the expected touchscreen data when touching the screen.  We=20
also have a dallas ibutton reader hooked up to another port and it acts=20
the same way.

Brock

On Tuesday 22 July 2008 11:53:07 am John Baldwin wrote:
> On Tuesday 22 July 2008 11:58:51 am Brock Williams wrote:
> > I'm trying to get our point of sale product ported to run on then new
> > IBM Anyplace Kiosks running FreeBSD 7.0.  When we leave ACPI enabled,
> > the onboard sound works but the serial ports aren't detected.  When we
> > disable ACPI, the serial ports work great but the sound doesn't work.
> >
> > I've made the dmesg and devinfo both with and without acpi, sysctl
> > hw.acpi, and the asl available here:
> > http://cotcomsol.com/files/acpi_info.tgz
> >
> > I've also attached the 2 dmesg outputs here.  Anyone have any ideas
> > what might be going on?  I can't figure it out.  Everything is enabled
> > in the BIOS and we have checked that the version is the lastest
> > available...
>
> Looks like your serial ports are there in the ACPI case, but they are at
> sio0, sio1, and sio2.  In the non-ACPI case the hints cause the serial
> ports to show up at sio0, sio3, and sio4 instead.

=2D-=20
Brock Williams  brock@cottonwoodcomputer.com
Cottonwood Computer Solutions, Inc.
www.cotcomsol.com 406-896-4910