Date:      Wed, 5 Dec 2001 23:35:56 -0500 (EST)
From:      Kenneth Culver <culverk@wam.umd.edu>
To:        FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Subject:   ports/32549: kdesu doesn't work on kde2 port

>Number:         32549
>Category:       ports
>Synopsis:       kdesu doesn't work on kde2 port
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       non-critical
	Basically kdesu doesn't work. If you go to the k menu, click on
	preferences->system->login manager (as a non-root user) then
	a dialog box will pop up that asks for the root password. Enter
	the proper root password for that system, and nothing happens. If
	you look at the log for that (for me in .xsession-errors) you can
	see this:

	ken:~:> kdesu /usr/local/bin/kcmshell kdm
        kdesu (kdelibs): [process.cpp:280] Echo mode still on.
        kdesu (kdelibs): ERROR: [su.cpp:93] Conversation with su failed

        So the bug appears to be in kdelibs in the kdesu directory.
>How-To-Repeat:
	See above.