Date:      Tue, 9 Oct 2001 14:43:16 -0700
From:      Kris Kennaway <kris@obsecurity.org>
To:        Matt Sykes <matt-sykes@excite.com>
Cc:        Erik Trulsson <ertr1013@student.uu.se>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: cvsup not useful?

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 02:15:58PM -0700, Matt Sykes wrote:

> But I don't have the bandwith nor the hard disk space
> to get everything.  Granted that gigs are cheap nowadays,
> if 'src-all' is the only option which is valid then why
> all the other options?

For people who really do only want to cvsup parts of their source,
knowing the consequences.  The individual collections are mostly so
you can leave things OUT - i.e. if you don't want the games source,
you can choose to cvsup everything but the games.  Not all
permutations of this may work - some things are required to get a
buildable tree.

> If I get just src/sbin, I should be able to build src/bin.  If this
> is not the case, then there shouldn't be a 'src-sbin' option.

Sorry, that's just not how it works.

> Allowing users to get only portions they need eases the
> load on our precious and strained freebsd servers.

Rest assured, that's not an issue :)

Kris

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8

--MGYHOYXEY6WxJCY8--