Date:      Thu, 19 Feb 2004 15:10:11 +0100
From:      Joachim Fehn <Joachim.Fehn@fujitsu-siemens.com>
To:        freebsd-ia64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: 20040214 snapshot available on ftp2.freebsd.org

On Sunday 15 February 2004 23:30, Marcel Moolenaar wrote:
> Gang,
>
> I uploaded a new snapshot to ftp2.freebsd.org. The snapshot fixes
> the installation problem, as well as fixes the ATA problem. Please
> try it out.

I tried it on a HP ZX6000 on an empty scsi disk (id 1).
There are a FreeBSD 5.1 installation (id 0) and an otherwise used disk (id 2),
which I don't want to modfiy.

1. Installation created a gpt disk label and completed. When rebooting,
neither the EFI boot manager, nor the EFI built in shell could access a
slice/partition on the disk. The loader was not found.
EFI version 1.10 [14.60]
EFI64 Running on Intel(R) Itanium Processor Family
EFI 1.10 IPF zx6000/rx2600/zx2000 1.22 [Mon Oct  7 16:41:11 2002] - HP
EFI Boot Manager ver 1.10 [14.60]  Firmware ver 1.61 [4241]

2. I created an msdos slice with fat32, using ia64-Linux. Unlike 5.1, the
snapshot didn't offer the wanted disk, but only the 3rd disk. I see no way to
prepare the wanted disk, that the installation will go there.

3. I removed the disks 0 and 2, plugged the empty disk to id 0. The
installation aborted, because it didn't find any disk.

Joachim

--
 Joachim Fehn   Joachim.Fehn@fujitsu-siemens.com