Date:      Thu, 13 Dec 2007 01:22:59 -0500
From:      Steve Bertrand <iaccounts@ibctech.ca>
To:        Kurt Buff <kurt.buff@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>, Sten Daniel Soersdal <netslists@gmail.com>
Subject:   Re: (postfix) SPAM filter?

>> * Once it is setup then it would require no additional maintenance.
>> * Potential spam messages are marked with a special header that can be
>> filtered on user discretion on their local mail client software.

> Yes, one recommendation for sure. Give up on your first goal. It'll
> never happen, because fighting spam is an arms race, with new tactics
> needing to be adopted.

Amen (or Ahem, or what BSDie would say). There will *ALWAYS* be
maintenance. If you are not developing new regexs and/or solutions to
fight the daily produced techniques that make up SPAM, then you are
implementing them.

If there is anyone who disagrees, then you likely have not dealt with
SPAM in an organization larger than a few thousand dispersed and
non-educated users.

If you have such, and you have no maintenance, then I beg your pardon.

> Others will talk about other packages. It's worth taking a look at
> each of them to figure out what works for you.

...agreed. It's also worth taking a look at ALL options, not just
'packages' to "figure out what works for you".

Steve