Date:      Mon, 18 Sep 1995 09:26:12 PDT
From:      "Marty Leisner" <leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com>
To:        "Justin T. Gibbs" <gibbs@freefall.freebsd.org>
Cc:        Bruce Evans <bde@zeta.org.au>, hackers@freebsd.org, jehamby@lightside.com
Subject:   Re: Adding/deleting partitions should be Linux-like

> >>In order to make room for 2.1.0-STABLE source on my hard drive, I got rid
> >>of a 400 meg DOS partition and tried to add it as /usr/src to FreeBSD.  I
> >>had nothing but trouble, since fdisk and disklabel are RIDICULOUSLY
> >>difficult to use.  No matter how much I RTFM, I just could not figure out
> >>how to change partition 1 from MSDOS to FreeBSD,

I just installed 2.05 on a system (I already had a 2.0 system there,
I wanted to use another disk on the system with a FreeBSD slice...)

Turns out the partitioning information gives everything in sectors,

I find megabytes useful, I ended up using the linux fdisk to make
my freebsd partition...

marty
leisner@sdsp.mc.xerox.com
Member of the League for Programming Freedom