Date:      Tue, 18 Jun 2002 12:06:04 -0600 (CST)
From:      Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>
To:        Alexander Sergeev <betatest@inetcomm.ru>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: access to UFS from Windows 98

Alexander Sergeev wrote to freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG:

> Hello freebsd-questions,
>
> On my computer I have 2 OS: Win98SE & FreeBSD 4.6. I would like to
> receive or modify files in win98 from UFS. How I can do it? Is there
> software to do that?

I am not aware of any UFS support available in or for Windows. (If it
was available, it would probably be cheaper to buy a dedicated UNIX
box :-)

FreeBSD, however, supports writeable FAT partitions. So, you should be
able to mount your Win partition under FreeBSD using mount -t msdos
/dev/<windows> /mnt, and copy files onto it that you wish to access
from Windows.

Replace <windows> with the FreeBSD device name of your Windows
partition.

Hope this helps,
- Ryan

--
  Ryan Thompson <ryan@sasknow.com>

  901 1st Avenue North - Saskatoon, SK - S7K 1Y4

        Tel: 306-664-3600   Fax: 306-664-3630   Saskatoon